The Planning and Zoning Department is responsible for advising the City on current land use and development questions, long range planning strategies, and the enforcement of the resulting regulations. The Department serves as support staff to the Planning and Zoning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals.
To view the Zoning
, please go to the Council tab and then click on Codified Ordinances page. To see the Zoning Fee Schedul
e please click this link or go to Documents and Maps/ Forms Center.
See the list of Downloads below for recent projects.
To accommodate the busy summer season, the Zoning Office will again stay open till 6:00 PM on Mondays, starting June 6 through August 29. Additional hours are available by appointment if needed. Please call 740-927-4910 for more details.
Have a Planning or Zoning Question? Please use the "Contact Us" link below, or phone us at 740-927-4910.
The Planning and Zoning Department’s mission is to enhance the quality of life offered to those who live or work in our community through long range comprehensive land use planning and management. Our guiding principles are:
· public engagement in planning discussions,
· achievement of a balance of land uses that sustain the City,
· enhancement of pedestrian connections to parks, schools, government, commercial, industrial and residential destinations,
· protection of the environment,
· revitalization of the historic village centers and
· maintaining our identity with our agrarian and rail heritage